Faith In Thy Wolf
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Faith In Thy Wolf

A forum for all Balto Fans.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Sepp's here!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
BaltoSeppala

BaltoSeppala

Sepp's here! Empty
PostSubject: Sepp's here!   Sepp's here! Icon_minitimeSun Nov 18, 2007 4:17 am

Hey everyone! Name's BaltoSeppala, and I'm the history nut of the group (and of many other groups...lol).

I will be assisting Ariu with the true history section about Balto ("The Real Balto"), and also just be generally posting around. Heh heh. I am not a mod (don't want to give anyone the impression by my earlier statement). If you're interested in learning more about the true history of the 1925 Nome Serum Run (as well as Balto and the other dogs which participated), feel free to stop by my web page http://www.baltostruestory.com, and please consider joining the forum too! You'd be welcome!

Of course, I also enjoy discussing other historical eras and subjects (the American Civil War, piracy, the Titanic, etc.). And I enjoy discussing the Balto cartoons!

Hope to talk to you all soon! sunny
Back to top Go down
http://www.baltostruestory.com
Walto Disney
FanFiction Mod
FanFiction Mod
Walto Disney

Sepp's here! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sepp's here!   Sepp's here! Icon_minitimeThu Nov 22, 2007 12:24 pm

Hello. Welcome to the site. (I'm probably late for the introduction.) I like history too. Of course I'm a nut about trains. XD I hope you enjoy your time here. I write fanfiction and I see you do too. And I have to say that they are great and if I get time I may be able to read all of them. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
BaltoSeppala

BaltoSeppala

Sepp's here! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sepp's here!   Sepp's here! Icon_minitimeFri Nov 23, 2007 3:00 am

Walto Disney wrote:
Hello. Welcome to the site. (I'm probably late for the introduction.) I like history too. Of course I'm a nut about trains. XD I hope you enjoy your time here. I write fanfiction and I see you do too. And I have to say that they are great and if I get time I may be able to read all of them. Very Happy
Thanks for the welcome and all the compliments! heh. I am certain you'll enjoy the fictions I wrote (and the videos I've made too!). I'm not much of an artist, so I'm out of luck there. Of course, I'll try to give your fictions a look soon as well!

Another Balto Source train nut, hm? LOL So let's see...that makes Railwolf, Dragonwolf and you so far. Heh. I've got a post on my forum which features some Forney engines. And why, you ask? Because of the tourist attraction, outside of the real Nome, known as "The Last Train To Nowhere". An amazing little historical snippet. If you're interested in learning more, feel free to stop by the forum and sign up! The post, and lots more great posts like it (and unlike it) are there: http://togoseppala.proboards105.com/index.cgi.

I'm hoping this forum will pick up soon in activity! I can see it's still on the new-ish side (as Balto fan forums go), and I hope for the best for Ariu as admin and all...but the pace here is rather "eh". And there are certainly a lot of members who seem to have never done a darn thing AS members.
Back to top Go down
Walto Disney
FanFiction Mod
FanFiction Mod
Walto Disney

Sepp's here! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sepp's here!   Sepp's here! Icon_minitimeFri Nov 23, 2007 6:30 am

I'm not much of an artist either. XD I wouldn't say my fics are as good as they could be. But I try my best. In my case I can only really write for Balto (Animated) and it takes me a long time at that to get them done.

I never knew about other train nuts on BS. And I take you were a member too. If I recall, I hear that people miss you there from what I've read on the forums. But I'll join your forums too.

I also hope that this forum will pick up. I may try something to get more people to know about it. And so far I think that we've only had around five active people here, but maybe you and I could change that. Wink
Back to top Go down
BaltoSeppala

BaltoSeppala

Sepp's here! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sepp's here!   Sepp's here! Icon_minitimeSat Nov 24, 2007 3:54 am

Walto Disney wrote:
And I take you were a member too. If I recall, I hear that people miss you there from what I've read on the forums. But I'll join your forums too.
"Was" definitely being the operative tense in this case. lol

Yes, there was a time when being a member of Balto Source had its attraction and charm, but it fast lost that for me. Not only being one of a small minority of adult members, but also just dealing with the kiddie-style flaming, politicking and the undeserving worship of a small handful of fan artists (which could get really exasperating) by the large majority of the kids there really got to be too much to put up with. And I have issues with how steet runs his site...issues I've tried to reason with him about, but which he doesn't want to hear about, confront or deal with. Oh well.

It's nice to know that there are people there who still remember and even say they miss me. It's very encouraging! I tried to be a good and productive member, and to set a POSITIVE example of an adult on the internet (which is not easy to do in today's climate of paranoia, as we know...where adults who even THINK of talking to anyone but other adults are "guilty until proven innocent"). And really, so long as steet refuses to talk to me rationally about issues on his site, and so long as rules are selectively enforced (and more on some than on others), and controversial material is allowed on a site that purports to be "kid friendly" (which of course it isn't), I will not return.

So anyway...yeah, I hope we can help Ariu out with increasing the effort (I have a tough enough time keeping the members of my forum from slipping into inactivity...some are hands-on cases. Others are pretty good at maintaining some level of activity on their own).
Back to top Go down
Ariu
Admin
Admin
Ariu

Sepp's here! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sepp's here!   Sepp's here! Icon_minitimeSat Nov 24, 2007 5:31 am

Seppala! Very Happy

Awesome to see you here! ;D
I hope you enjoy the site, and maybe the three of us can make the site keep on going up! ;D
Be Active, and ask any questions! Very Happy (Though I doubt you will. Laughing)

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://faithinthywolf.rpg-board.net
Walto Disney
FanFiction Mod
FanFiction Mod
Walto Disney

Sepp's here! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sepp's here!   Sepp's here! Icon_minitimeSat Nov 24, 2007 10:23 am

Oh, I'm not saying you have to return. Just pointing out something. But that leads to this question, when exactly did you leave? Because things have changed there lately.

But I have to agree with you about some of the kids there. I may techincally be one or not. (I don't know what 14 counts as. XD) Some things they do are just immature. Sure I act like a nut sometimes but I have a little common sense and self-control.

I'll try to help in any way on your site. Sure I may be busy sometimes but I'm pretty good at multi-tasking. Do you mind if I post my fics there? Just curious because I'm about as smart as a goldfish sometimes. Laughing
Back to top Go down
BaltoSeppala

BaltoSeppala

Sepp's here! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sepp's here!   Sepp's here! Icon_minitimeSun Nov 25, 2007 4:54 am

Thanks, Ariu! I actually might have questions from time to time. Even just to make conversation, so don't count me out yet. lol

And Walto, I left for the last time this past summer. And haven't really looked back since (beyond just occasional popping into the forums to see the oddities people post, or into the shoutbox to see the stimulating and intellectual discussion which goes on there. lol)...
Back to top Go down
dragonfreak

Sepp's here! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sepp's here!   Sepp's here! Icon_minitimeFri Dec 28, 2007 3:52 am

Wow I'm late..

Hey Seppers!! =D
Back to top Go down
BaltoSeppala

BaltoSeppala

Sepp's here! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sepp's here!   Sepp's here! Icon_minitimeFri Dec 28, 2007 10:42 pm

dragonfreak wrote:
Wow I'm late..

Hey Seppers!! =D

lol Thanks! And, like, WOW! Some activity on the forum! Could it BE??? sunny
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Sepp's here! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sepp's here!   Sepp's here! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sepp's here!
Page 1 of 1